Monday, November 3, 2008

My Child Really Wants Passerby To Hate Me














It is a comic strip. And I'm already aware of my lack of drawing skills.

However, the images are embedded in my memory forever now.

Humanling and I have not really squared away how to be up completely on time for her bus. Therefore, I am busy putting all the Legos of Ling together so that she's nearly complete while then putting my finishing touches on a moment after yelling 'GET OUT THERE! I'LL BE RIGHT THERE! GO! GO! GO!" {She is yelling "Alright!!" in a most disagreeable and in a pathway to an after school grounding during all this}

It was raining a few mornings ago. I did my morning ritual of destroying my voice to get her out the door and told her to grab an umbrella, I'll be right down.

If I can at all draw, you might not see the umbrella in the first three frames. Because it didn't exist in my world of dimension, either.

When I looked out the door, I was horrified to see that Humanling was sitting there, on the front stoop, in the cold, pouring rain. This wasn't a video. Guns and Roses were not paying her to pathetically take the morning sting.

And the Bad Parenting Cherry On Top is that our stoop is positioned right there at a popular traffic light where, I would say, it is law enforced mandatory for every resident of our town to pass through and sit.

Now what you DON'T see up there is the fact that I also threw her blue button down shirt (closest thing on the floor that I could grab and run back downstairs with) to her to use as a towel to dry off a bit. Inspiration hadn't hit me any sooner to do laundry early enough to have a Sacrifice for the Towel Gods.

In closing, this Comic has been approved by the Ling herself. Particularly frame #3, in which she asks me to do a voiceover as well.

6 comments:

Patti Gibbons said...

oh how I remember those mornings...and I had TWO kids. And man, was it nuts! I should have been meditating back then, perhaps my kids won't be so hard of hearing (from me screaming at them to hurry hurry hurry) or neurotic, hahaha. It ain't easy doing it all alone, that is for SURE!

Shades of Scorpio said...

I have no idea how you did it with two kids.....ONE feels like ten at times. And by 'times' I mean "All The"...

Unknown said...

haha - try doing it with FOUR!! no wonder im gray haired and crazy and think i hear voices!!!!!

Ned Hodgson said...

I love seeing Azrael up there supervising.

Shades of Scorpio said...

FB - you are very ON noticing Azrael up there in the window! So I can draw a cat good enough so that it doesn't resemble say, a couch.

And Annie - FOUR? One of those things where I know it would be worth it but would be pulling my sanity along by the skin of my teeth!

Me said...

Ned, I know, right?! Kitty's exclamation point made me laugh out loud.

I LOVE it.