Humanling and I sat in our favorite coffee haunt this morning. I alternately helped her pillow herself in adjectives for the Girl Scouts manual she was writing in and was also reading sparse sentences of On Becoming a 21st Century Mystic. I will probably end up weaving a spell that involves Samoas somehow.
The music in the background was a Best Of David Bowie. I am not a Bowie fan. In fact, he used to give me night terrors while awake. His gender bender antics barged into my life when I was still learning how to use tongue while kissing, without all the drool. He simply looked like an undercooked alien.
Then Modern Love came on while we sat. I couldn't possibly control wanting to dance. I bounced in my chair (people who know me know that I do this without music but this was definitely Bowie related), sang and just felt the dam of serotonin burst through.
When this song had come out, Bowie made himself much more easy for me to lend myself peeking for a moment and not turning the channel. His 37 1/2 inch shoulder width suits even made him somewhat....handsome. And 'handsome' at 13 to me meant simply, Not Hideous or Scary. I mean, he was no Joe Elliott from Def Leppard and I would never day dream about his van breaking down in front of my home and my mom being totally ok with all the band members sleeping over in my room, but he was Not Bad in the 80s.
Or maybe I was just happy that he wasn't the Boogie Man anymore. However, today, I was the Boogie Queen.
Saturday, November 29, 2008
David Bowie - Modern Love
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
woohoo!!!!! wish i'd been there to join in ;)!
Now THAT would have been fun!!
I <3 china girl too, but I love bowie.
Seriously!
Gets me to the
Church
On
Time
Modern LO-ove!
(No confession...)
Modern LO-ove!
(No religion...)
Modern LO-ove!
(Never gunna vote for ... )
Modern LO-O-ove...!
HAHAHA!!
You said "undercooked alien"!! BWAHAAA!! That was when he had no eyebrows, right? When he Fell To Earth? Yeah, Iman straightened all that out, if you'll pardon the pun.
Post a Comment