If it weren't for the Challenge on Na Na Na Na Hey Hey Hey Goodbye....tonight might be merely observing other people's posts instead of writing this one.
Since taking on the 30 day challenge, I've not been able to keep up with reading my favorite blogs like I normally would have.
Normally Humanling is quite the source of my inspiration. Tonight its the other one - Miz Eye.
All I have to say is I had another lesson in how strong the power of language is. Language being a symbol for ideas, of things we desire or don't desire or maybe don't mind if certain ideas are out in the garden, nibbling on the lettuce.
My older gal and I are connected on Facebook. She's been living with her boyfriend and his parents for almost three years in another state so far that she could take up residence in a constellation and I'd probably be able to see her more than I do now. So when she put a little doo dad up that said she is "now married" on Facebook today, I went from amazing good and productive mood to a scattered blob of unresourcefulness.
I couldn't find appropriate phone numbers to validate any claims that I'd gained a son (whooo! Should've just had the fruit for breakfast!)
I immediately starting measuring up my initial run of motherhood and found every reason to dry up the grass of my soul and throw down a city of cement instead. I was so upset that I wasn't told she was tying the knot and imagined a family event with all smiling Far State faces and how everyone was partaking in the celebration....while I sat here not even being told about it. Even after hearing from her yesterday via email and seeing about five emails she sent to her little sister the Humanling, today.
Some tears, destruction of self preservation walls that I constructed years ago and two phone calls to my mother passed. And finally an email from my smart ass.
She said she put that there because its like they are married but that "LOL" they aren't.
The symbols that changed my body chemistry so drastically were overridden by the new symbol "LOL" and I was mostly restored.
Now I need to learn how to harness this power for all kinds of good and healing purposes (it works fast!). And not in a Firestarter way.
2 comments:
you know, i think there's always a few fires that need starting! :)) i remember something similiar with my mother a few years ago - hah, well... MANY years ago now... i hope you and humanling have a great holiday :))!!!
Oh boy..I had that happen once where someone told me that my daughter got married and I FLIPPED. Turned out it was a rumor, but I went ballistic. Not because she got married, but because no one told me and I found out through someone else. Funny about how certain things can trigger our blood pressure reaching stoke numbers! love your way with words by the way....Happy Thanksgiving! xp
Post a Comment