Sunday, May 4, 2008

The Fine Line Between Oblivious and She's Hot


Humanling (9) and I decided to walk down to get ice cream.


I don't know what was in hers now that I think about it.


There was a girl outside who reminded me of my older daughter, who is 20. She was a blueprint of a tortured goth chick in Fairfield County. And she looked so much like my Evil Virgoan girl.


I said to Humanling (did I mention she's 9?), "She looks like your sister."


Humanling (nueve) put her plastic spoon down to turn around and check out the scene.


She turned back around and said "She's hot."


"Hot as in she has on too many clothes or hot as in pretty?" I had to know.


"As in pretty."


I gotta learn CPR on childhood to bring this dying business back to life.


2 comments:

Me said...

I would have fell out in utter shock.

Know what I think? I think that was your 9's way of saying, "I love my big sister."

Shades of Scorpio said...

for my sanity's sake....I sure hope so! Good way of spinning it out to a non worrying positive for me!