
How I would simply adore to write a witty and decadent post to start off this new year! What a gorgeous number – 2011! I’m not sure how it will play out as there are too many things on the sometimes porous/sometimes closed for renovations mind.
I am currently doing one of those things that I find super fun and relaxing – exchanging virtual farm wares with my good buddy, Dorothy Hopkins. I double screen, side by side, to write and gift, all at once. That displays one thing that I’d actually like to change within myself and have been trying to slowly get away from…too much multi-tasking. Once, (meaning, my whole life) I thought I was fabulous at the art of doing with 2 arms what I should only be able to do with ten. I can finally admit at 41 that I sorta suck at it. That means I only half hear someone when they are talking or half do my work while trying to research for my radio show. Many times, it results in that cake that is burnt on the outside and gooey on the inside. Even as I write this post, the Honey is bringing up stuff over and over again and talking so I’ve had to put it aside until there is silence.
Ah….silence. Sometimes silence means doing housework. But then mother’s guilt is softly rapping on the door as Humanling makes a snowman, all by herself outside. I’ve always been quite the pill when it comes to hanging out in the snow. I’m more of a snow wuss than snow bunny. I like sledding. For 10 minutes. Then I want back in the house with a book or the internet or kitty litter. Whatever gets me back inside. But right now, just perhaps I’ll throw on some jeans and surprise her with a snowball. I’ve thrown enough of them on Farmville. Time for a live wire!
Ok, post Snow Dude Idea…..as I got ready to go out, Humanling came in. However, she was greeted with the choice of me going back out with her or she could have hot chocolate with marshmallows! She’s a kid. Marshmallows win even if they were on a raw onion sandwich.
Perhaps this year is about being direct with figuring out what I’m about. And balance. I’m creeping more and more toward those things that I heart with all of my human emotion…writing being one of them. But wait! There’s more! I just have to get there.
I’m currently reading a book by Marc Allen, who will be on my Scorpion Equinox show in a couple of weeks. Small, tiny book, but KA-BLAM! Explosive with amazing and simple ideas.
I will read more. I will write more. And yoga yoga yoga.
But again, Balance.
I enjoy silence. A LOT of silence. Honey likes to share a lot of thoughts. Emotions. News flashes. Wind directional changes. Wind from his hindquarters. Sports tidbits. And. And. And.
So we need balance. I like having someone who shares. I like having time to read and write. The ebb and flow is essential to my nature.
I’m usually more of a Samhain-Intention type of person more than a January 1st chuck wagon dragger. But I’ll admit there is something to that shiny new year that does make me want to molt.
Key words this year for me will be magick, direction, action, balance, serenity, love, open heart and spirit.
And now after writing that, I should probably write it in my journal so that it will be available to happy slap me on a daily basis, lest I have a moment of Rotten Evil.
Happy happy 2011 to all of you, lovely lovely readers.
No comments:
Post a Comment