Sunday, January 2, 2011

Tsunami from Across the Room


He only hears “Oh…honey…” from across the room as I am on my laptop and he is in bed playing the Sims on a DSi.


What he doesn’t know is how loaded “Oh…honey…” really is.


It means … I love you.


It means …. I want you right now more than you can even fathom. You just had surgery so I can only think about it for now. But know that you are wanted and desired every moment that I look at you and every moment that I’m not.


It means My mind has been so full of decisions about us and balancing it all out but something always pulls us back together like fiery magnets..out to love through hurt and hurt through love, then figure it out ….breathe into each other and try to find the calm waters until we both decide to drown in each other beneath the surface once again.


It means “I remember you. The boy in the barn back in 1983. The one that I connected with and risked punishment for coming home in the dark for. The first one to unlatch the door to hormonal spikes, the same one that who does it to me now, still, raging more than I could even know existed.”


It means “I can’t imagine this life without you.”


“Oh…honey…” I love you.


You didn’t ask, but I’m telling you.

No comments: