I read this quote today in The Yoga of Eating (Charles Eisenstein) and it linked a thought reality with my soul. Love it. I am a person who follows desire, passion and when absolutely need be, caution. My passionate side has a teensy little pin of caution on its lapel, just to once in awhile look down at it and see if the light is yellow or red. Lately, I'm not bothering to even look.
Humanling and I went for a nice walk through the woods to our local waterfall so that we could sit and read while keeping our feet in the water. I killed at least three bugs with my left eye. It would have been less of a tragedy if the bugs didn't startle me and cause a reaction that slammed my eyes suddenly shut.
I sat on a rock in the middle of the flowing water, enjoying the scent of wet earth and summer air. A tiny light colored bug landed on me. I took it off gently. Eventually he won my attention away from my book as I watched and photographed him. He appeared to be looking at me but how can you possibly identify what those beady little button eyes are looking at? He did this side to side movement, like teensy lunges. Eventually I moved him off my potato chip bag...you can't be all over my baggie like that. I don't know you, where you've been, what you eat and might regurgitate all over my stuff so here comes the moving company. I thought I got him to a good spot but somehow he ended up falling into the rushing water and I watched him float away on his back down the next tiny set of falls.
Ok so I'm not impressed with the fact that I sent him into possible death. I'm hoping he's light enough to withstand the ride and then fly off into happiness. He might be blogging about it this very minute!
And yes, I do think about these things.
I kept turning around to retrace the moment as if I could drag the arrow back to the beginning and re-do it.
Then my man called to see how things were going. The falls were so loud that I thought he said "Burger King" in his salutations. I'm sorry to say that was not the case.
One thing we've always done easily was talk. We spend every single night together (with a couple of exceptions) and yet, there is always talk, with a number of stomach clenching guffaws thrown in. The kind where you can't look at the other person for fear of dying by a lack of breathing.
Today we revisited the topic of biorhythms playing a role in the possibility of the randomness of same events occurring on the same day of the week on a continual basis. My new friend that I destroyed down the falls and made a couple of non-relationship-even-though-we're-in-a-relationship jokes.
Being in the present is good right now. It seems to be the way forward into the next moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment