Monday, November 12, 2012

Totally not Cool with this Game of Telephone



Today is a good day to sit outside in the early noon and soak in the cooler air, the recognition that jeans and not yoga pants would have kept my butt from getting brain freeze on the stone that I sit on.  It is currently 51 degrees.  I believe if you can handle it, you should totally take advantage of being out in it.  This might be a wave of the Arctic in Florida but up here in NY it's still weather to wear just socks in when you go outside.  Bonus:  No yellowjackets or ants to compete with for my coffee.  

So I listen to Irish music and think about how wonderful it is that it is early Saturday with no real plans to speak of.  There is the usual joy of piggie cages and sweeping (which I love) and going to the track, doing yoga.  

My writing mojo has been really depleted lately.  I will think of things that I want to write about but not write them down.  By the time I have the time to write, I have forgotten what it was and it seems like time to tie myself down with piles of Wall Street Journals to 'catch up'.  Although today's paper would be the most Catch Up you can possibly do.  Ever since the Flip injections, my joy balance is off.  I don't blame him, I blame myself for not handling it better.    Laryngitis of the creative mind.  

I did enjoy going out with a girlfriend last night....drinks and nachos!  A stroll through the bookstore so that the woman behind the counter can hear all our sordid details of relationship thoughts.  Strolling, picking up a book here and here, commenting on it or a related movie. Putting it back.  I'd have loved to purchased something but that particular bookstore doesn't have the selection that tempts me.  And for me, that's really saying something.  I love bookstores more than I love humanity much of the time.  Which means I really love the authors too.  Who are part of humanity.  So ok, I love humanity somewhat.  Maybe 47%.  Hardy har har.

I saw Flip's car in the driveway on my way home but wasn't tempted to stop.  We hadn't really spoken in a few days but for some angry bitching blamefests full of validation for one and invalidation for the other.  Eventually I didn't answer his last two emails and he called me at work to invite me to dinner at his house.  I said perhaps we'll do it another night, I already had plans.

I did speak with him this morning to do a reach out.  He invited us over again tonight.  It could be ok.  He'll have football on, (college - yawn for me) but whatever, I can bring my laptop.  Reading will be out of the question since he talks through anything.  What I don't want to do is to talk about it any further.  He said his piece, I said mine.  There are always opposing views.  The only reason to keep going on is to try and convince the other one that they are wrong.  I'm done. I simply said that I won't be questioned further on my friendship choices and that he has to be fine with it in order to be involved with me.  There was so much opposition and oppression in the beginning of our relationship that I become simply incensed by him making exact choices that he would have, excuse the expression, "flipped" over. 

Ah, freedom.  

Not to mention that he had been talking to her about my issue with her.  Talk about really just throwing me under the bus.  Is nothing private between us?  You hardly speak to this woman for years and then suddenly you're a tsunami of personal information?  He's created my discomfort with her himself and then yaks to her about my discomfort.  So now, I won't worry whom I speak to or if they know why it would have been difficult to speak to them previously.

*** This is becoming habit with me!  I was writing this and Flip showed up.  Blog!  Get into that closet over there!  A decent enough weekend was had by all.  Mostly.  We woke up to gunshots outside on Sunday morning that were way too close to the home.  A deer ran out of the woods and then laid down and died.  I didn't see it thankfully, but Flip went outside to walk his hound and spoke to a suspicious and sole individual who bounded out of the woods asking if anyone was seen running past.  Hmmm.  Methinks someone bounded out for his bounty.  Flip petted the deer til it passed and then watched the man drag off the deer by its antlers.  

Again, glad I was not outside to see this.

Onward to a new post and different topics!  

No comments: