
Public bathrooms are literally a crapshoot. If faced with plenty o’ time to keep shopping/browsing, I’m no prude. I’d much rather not hold it. Then I start thinking in practical terms….what if there’s traffic on the way home, what if I want to stop somewhere else, what if I run out of gas??? I don’t want my bladder to be the first and foremost thing on my mind if there’s a detour!
Humanling and I were out and about and she needed to use the bathroom in a small office space/retail building we were in. As we walked into the foyer area near the bathroom, we passed a man who had just come out and ducked into the office area behind a door. Two more women showed up in the area as well.
As Humanling slipped through the one toilet bathroom and shut the door, the alarms in my Ol-Factory went blaring. My nostrils were slapped with a creeping scent that could have only escaped from the open One Toliet Bathroom when Humanling slipped in. I surged with fear for my child, breathing in these toxic fumes…if it smelled this bad outside the door, what on earth did the walls look like on the other side??? I suddenly felt like a fireman who needed to bust down the door with an axe and a face mask.
I expected to see smoke seeping out from under the door and called in to Humanling to see if she was hurrying. I heard her respond through a muffled coat that must have been over her nose. I didn’t want to call out the smell just in case Mr. Stink Stank Stunk was within earshot. But being a kid, she Loud and Cleared it through the door, “IT SMELLS IN HERE!!!”
She came out and we quietly laughed and tried to hurry out the door. I gave her my sympathy and said, “Wow….that was pretty bad. God did that stink.”
Without even pausing she said “That’s because there was a MAN in there!”
No comments:
Post a Comment