Monday, February 16, 2009

Nice To Meet You...I've Booked Us a Wedding Hall

Fairy couple Pictures, Images and Photos

It feels like Sunday today, right?

It was a nice day off. I could so live like this if it weren't for that whole having to feed the child thing. So this is what it feels like to be Humanling's dad. Only I have internet.

We walked down to the coffee shop this morning to hang out, play a game (in which I would lose ridiculously - even in games Capricorns are disgustingly good with hanging onto their bills) and caffeinate my soul. There were a number of people who came in just to open their laptops and sit in a coffee shop. One girl and guy exchanged words across tables - "You job hunting today? Me too!"

There was a gorgeous, taller girl with a nose ring and green eyeshadow. She had acne scars and she was really admirable material for me. My nose ring is a stud and has been for the last 9 years. Hers was a ring. I miss wearing a silver ring. I saw a psychic in my early 20s who warned me that I needed to remove the ring as I was prone to being lead around by the nose like a bull. I thought she meant that since I'm also Italian I would be lead around by my keen sense of smell when calzones were ripe in the garden.

Once we got home (after my brutal Monopobeating from Humanling) I checked in with this week's guest to go over our question list and to let him know the date, day and time (yet again - OCD*OCD*OCD) to call in.

I had the most wonderful phone call last night. I did call my friend who offered me his entire life when he was 17 (Wheezer). We finally connected. We are coasts apart and had a four hour conversation. I went to bed at 3am, happy to have spoken to him. He's another divorce casuality, but then again, that's as common as pigeons in this day and age.

I proceeded to have a nice dream about him after that. NO - nothing juicy, I swear! But it was a comforting dream.

I checked my email this morning and the guy that I met on vacation when I was 14 sent me a not so happy message. He had asked to do phone recently and I said we will set up a date for it since I'm not great with it. The guy I spoke to last night has waited since December. Apparently Wheezer had written me to tell me how great it was to talk to me and for SO LONG and used a public note that I had written on Facebook to tell me. Well, Atlantic City guy saw this and emailed me to let me know that he's glad I got over my phone issues. I guess he thought he was reading something private and it was accidentally forwarded to it.

I was a little put off since we barely know each other. The face to present to me after the last marriage that I had with the boy who was so possessive that I couldn't drop something in the grocery store or else I'd have to bend over to get it and my shirt would go up in the back and all the men in the vicinity would sport woodies over my back skin, is not one of possession or any hint of this kind of insecurity. I like little possessive things, but nothing that rolls out a red carpet to go with the raging red flags.

I did very nicely email him back and let him know that Wheezer has been waiting since December and that he's a dear friend. I didn't want to explain too much more since I don't owe an explanation.

But that's me....I'm not *sad* but I am like *pffffff*. I love the romanticism of old loves, friends, etc and the possibilities that can be. Until I step on a reality shard and it jolts me out of my fun.

So tonight's dilemma is - Watching the Big Bang Theory.....or Spectacular (some early teen movie on Nickelodeon that the Ling is sure to emulate in her sleep). It was so easy back then, wasn't it?



5 comments:

Unknown said...

was it? i dont remember :).

Shades of Scorpio said...

LOL ~ I guess in all reality, its relative!

Patti Gibbons said...

now that guy was out of line. I would put him off even longer now, even if ever to speak to him at all.
It took Larry and I MONTHS to get it together...phone calls not returned, endless discussions by the zucchini and cucumbers at the local supermarket (what were we both doing there at the same time one might ask) and then one day SHAZAAM.....it happened. If it's meant to be, it will happen. He needs to chill.

Genie Sea said...

Dude. Someone is a little creepy...

I can so do without going to work every day. I sometimes marvel at the fact that some people work because otherwise they would be bored. That boggles my mind. Bored? Are you kidding me?

I think your HL needs to teach me how to be a Cap. Not only do I not hang onto bills that well, I so am not competitive at games. That's it. Now I know I am a mutant... :)

Shades of Scorpio said...

Genie ~ Of course I am surrounded by the To The T Caps, right? Even AC Guy (LOL - Someone is creepy) is....a Cap. So like you, I am told over and over that I don't *seem* like my sign of Scorpio (Libra Libra Libra in 5 parts of my chart). I simply smile and respond "you haven't dated me". Tee hee.