Ever notice that you could be wearing just socks and be in a room's equivalent of the Grand Canyon and wherever there's a small wet spot, you'll step in it? Cups of water, a child, a tanker full of Barbie's strewn about and a cat. That's all I have to say.
Besides this. I'm in a math dominant type job. I enjoy very much being paid for the fact that I recognize numbers and usually what to do with them. It's not my forte but its like a really good relationship that just didn't work out. You part and fondly remember that one, with no real complaints. It just wasn't a natural and perfect fit.
Circuit City, as many of you probably know, has bought a corporate plot in the ground. A couple of weeks ago I put on my vulture wings and headed in to see what the discount was. 10%. Eh...it could be better. So we bought nothing.
Tonight we went in and it was 30%. That I could deal with for an item like a CD or cheaper video game. Not so much a camera.
In my head I tried to figure out the discount - let's see, something was approximately $10 so that might be around $3.50 or near there. Yes, that's the DISCOUNT. While paying at the register and hearing that I really spent $42 when I thought I would spend $20 I realized that MY head turned that equation earlier around so that was the PRICE. GAH!
I have Check Out pride. I can't put things back. So if necessary, do CDs taste better roasted or stir fried?
What caused such shillings to be parted? The first was what I thought was a joke. What? A 2008 NEW Def Leppard CD? I laughed out loud AND commented something like "are you kidding me? Please!" and put it down. And picked it up again. Well, I surmised for $4 it would be a steal of curiosity. No, I spent $9 on it. And the new Demi Lovato, Ting Tings and the Toadies!
I loved the Toadies back in 1994 or whenever Possum Kingdom came out. The first cd is probably about a half hour long and every song rocks. The 2nd cd....not so much. Highly unmemorable and so I'm hoping I can love this CD like the 2nd cd that I wished they put out.
And I had fun making some new creations lately as well. There might be a craft show on Valentine's Day so I am trying to get some new things made as well as get ready for our very first radio show.
Those are my fairy earrings up there. They are seated on a Barbie wedding gown....which is on a Barbie.
I spend so much time wondering what it is that is my passion and then I realized today that I am living a lot more of them than I had thought. It's a really cool feeling - gratitude in nineteen textures and even new colors. Comfortable is one that goes in there even though that sounds kind of weird.
My newer goal besides the radio show, is to do some sort of work with animals. I do have my own brood at home but I have a lot of dog envy. My small apartment and lack of wanting to be more organized than I am prohibits me from doing that at this time. And finances. Humanling and I are hardly ever separated outside of her being at school. She is not legally allowed to come along for the ride on a volunteer gig. So I'm trying to think of ways to work around that. Maybe try to walk the dogs at the local pound and go into work an hour or so later and work later instead.
I've been dreaming of dogs....a street full of dogs and the one I chose was white and had three legs. That's not the weird part. It was like a poodle. I used to claim that poodles were not even dogs. Just ugly cats. But I also used to use words like Always and Never back then too.
When people walk down our road with their dogs I usually make eye contact with and say hi to the dog while passing. As an afterthought, I see the end of the leash and acknowlege my fellow man.
I've been reading this book "The Passion Test" by Janet and Chris Atwood and its been really good. But I still believe if my number one passion is to feel connected with God at all times, the rest is cake.
I suppose its time to try and unlock the various games in the new Napoleon Dynamite game for Humanling's DS. New to us - Circuit City....the only item that actually was the price that I thought it might be.
May every one of you who read these words be blessed many times. x0x0
5 comments:
thats happened to me too ... where you go in a store and you think its one price and whammo at the register... somehow, it's not. last time that happened was at men's wearhouse... i thought i was spending 300 for my son and somehow it ended up being 600. i about died but fortunately my credit card worked :).
Yesterday, I went shopping for a new pair of jeans. I went to this store because I have a 50 dollar coupon, if you spend over 100 bucks. I thought, great! half the price. I buy a pair of jeans and two tops. At the register, if course, you guessed it. The coupon had expired. I went, expecting to spend 100 bucks, and left with 200 on my Visa.
OY!
I don't know how useful this is, but I was taught that dreaming of dogs means new friends around you.
I can so relate to you. I love dogs, but don't have the dedication to have one full time; and while on the street the dog owner is an afterthought of my attention!
I will be posting soon, and you have an award on my blog!
Hugs. :)
Oh, some people go thru peri-menopause and menopause without a hitch. I just happen to be one of them who hasn't been so lucky. But it could always be worse. At least I don't have the C word...or at least not yet. My poor daughter who is remission from C, just got diagnosed with systemic lupus...which the docs said could cause cancer! WOW. How about sue some of the local docs here for their being nonchalant and brushing it off all these years.
and oh I had your earrings on at a party yesterday...such kudos I got for you and am sending them your way. Have to check what you have been up to. xxxxxxxp
I've experienced this, on more than one occasion, and I swear that more often than not that's it's intentional.
I won't buy the item. I just have a bad-ass sense of principle I guess. :)
Peace.
dude I love the freaking toadies!!!
OMG0-tyler still gives me chills.
and hey, want to walk my crazy dogs?? I could really use a break...lol.
seriously though, I commend you for wanting to help animals. One way to do it is to educate-to talk about it on the blog. Maybe at HL's school. That way, it wouldn't be something that you guys would have to be apart for.
Post a Comment