What a beautiful day it was today! Here in CT, that means mid thirties equals being outside!
Humanling let me know early on that we should go and pick up trash in a park and in our own Hood. So, armed with two Walmart plastic bags we stepped outside.
They were full in no time.
I had to stop the Ling from reaching for a pepsi bottle with 'yellow' liquid in it. Ah, no...we'll leave that one.
What about my OCD you ask? (Or didn't ask?) She had gloves on with rubber gloves over them. I merely had gloves. We tried to pick up things with branches as well and that pretty much worked.
The park however, was quite clean. We only picked up a few items but then again, it is winter.
I have been wracking my mind to try and find a good volunteer opportunity that would involve HL helping out as well. The ones that I've wanted to do so far involve animals and because of her age, we haven't been able to. We don't really have a lot of babysitter type opportunities (and I won't pay for one - ha ha, my electricity bill is $1600 right now and I will need to call and plead with them for another couple of weeks since I will be able to give something then....). So when HL mentioned picking up trash, she gave us a solution for now. At least now I won't have to look at the almost empty Snapple bottle that's been in front of the driveway for eons.
Facebook has been a lot of fun as usual and you just never know where things will go. I'm due to call one person tonight that I haven't spoken with in 20 years and has human nature has it, if all goes well, I will fantasize about how our lives could come together. Or...I'll find fault in one sentence and think what a wonderful person, breathe a sigh of relief that I am single and shut the idea off.
What I can't believe is that another person actually scanned and sent me the letters that I wrote to him when I was fourteen. Can I just say that I really really sort of don't like how I represented myself at that age? Or how I did to him? And then I think....is THIS how I stayed in his mind all these years....as THIS person? So much swearing, very shallow conversation....and showing off a verbally abusive relationship that I was having here at home, hoping he would come save me. Eek.
The Mystery Of gives me plenty to smile about. It's a nice place to be.
Meanwhile, Capricorn and I hang out still here and there and its nice. Its nice and I know there is nothing in common....that for whatever reason he thinks it would work and I feel it would be somewhat stifling. It would put walls up in my life where there aren't any now. Or.
Maybe it would give me an opportunity to let him into the life that I have now and want to lead going forward. He is the most linear man I know. And he recently asked me if I had a 'rock' for him. He means a crystal. Or a gemstone that can help him somehow. So I did get him a few, a red tigers eye especially for that overly active worried about money root chakra. I also got him a book on yoga since he recently mentioned wanting me to teach him. And he wants to try EFT. This is all very good. I'm glad for him that he is expanding his horizons. He gets bored so easily.
I am never bored. It scares me when someone bores easily.
Yesterday the Ling and I had a craft show. The positioning of the event did not draw people in, but I had a great day selling a few items and meeting some very very nice women. Sometimes craft show women can be a bit competitive. These ladies were terrific....and so was the woman who's store was hosting our fair. Her daughter was there and that gave my girl someone to play with. I left with business cards, a new buddy to have playdates with and a wealth of good conversation.
Since I'd promised my girl a trip to the bowling alley, we went last night and met Capricorn there. I somehow won the first game and I'm definitely not competitive and don't do the butt dance when I win. I only do the butt dance when I drink.
So this fires up the Goat who can't deal with losing...especially to me. Another two or three games ensued with him keeping careful tabs and me talking to the ugly ball. I was convinced that the ugliest ball there was why I was doing well. I figured it needed some gentle talking to and as I got ready to awkwardly roll them down the aisle, I'd look at it and say, "you can do it."
The show last week went fabulously for my friend and I. We had a great turn out and even my little mom and her husband were EFT tapping away during the program, mom walking around the living room and hubby with a cigarette drooping in his fingers. That to me would be the whole reason to do it to begin with. If you can get my Old School Meat and Potatoes Brooklyn raised mama to tap because her weird black sheep kid said so.....then it had to be because there was an authoratative English accented voice on the show telling her to.
This week's show will be more physically health oriented and we're hoping to really break some myths for folks.
I see its time to put the Ling to bed. She's playing with my hair right now and I have to pretty up for my phone date. Which means having a glass of water nearby and a pen to doodle with.
I hope whatever time or day you're reading this, its a moment you are really taking in and glad to be in it. x0x0x0
5 comments:
Every moment above the ground is a good one, even if it is littered with bottles filled with strange yellow liquid, lol.
Good luck on the call. I fantasize about meeting up with an old beau and talking...but they are smart enough to stay away from Facebook and away from the Internet. Or else, they are dead, or in jail. And some I can't even remember their full names..sigh. So much for intact brain cells.
Ms. Poots
i have found myself on facebook and sure enough, someone from high school tracked me down... how weird to hear from someone who last remembers me being 17... i can't wait to check out your show!!! thank heavens the headache has passed and i can crawl back out from under my ice packs and darkened room!
I live vicariously through you. I don't know about your Cap, but I am very rarely if ever bored. So it must be a male cap thing, or I'm a mutant. :)Congrats on the success of your show and your bowling ball whispering skills! Rock on! :)
Haha...bowling ball whispering skills.....
How To Date A Scorpio
Post a Comment