Thursday, January 8, 2009

Morning Thoughts

Snow Fairy 1 Pictures, Images and Photos


Humanling is in school today after a 90 minute delay. I'm having coffee from one of my favorite coffee places and am waiting for the go ahead from one of my teammates that we can move forward with today's work. Signing on early, I already took care of a bunch of stuff and have the luxury of a few quiet moments.



"Quiet moments" are composed of the following molecules :



~Regis Philbin learning to walk in home (sorry peeps, I heart Regis, I don't even care that he dyed his hair a la Dick Clark. Ok actually I do care - the gray was quite handsome)



~Two tiny snowflakes outside my window flirting, doing a mating dance around each other, alternately fleeing and chasing.



~Their dance called the rest of the colony and now its snowing.



~The mute button on my remote - when Regis & Kelly go to commecial, I am previewing mantra music on Amazon.



~Hearing the book cart outside being rolled to the front of the bookstore for passerby to browse through. With the salt and ice on the ground, the cart is more vocal than it usually is.



~And at this point, only the tried and true precipitation couples are still together, chasing, falling. The snow has lightened up from the infatuation phase.



******



I am left to think about some things that I wrote yesterday. Stepping back from men and their glorious attributes, gifts, challenging and fufilling energies helps me to think more. Is over analyzing a bad thing though? Look at the first four letters in analyze.



I love the male energy, but wax and wane.....too much of a good thing can quicken one's pace to get to the running shoes. I'm alone today without co-workers, without my Ling home with me (they were off school yesterday and have I ever mentioned that her business card someday will read Chatterbox Extraordinaire?). I feel like its the first time that I've had in a few weeks to just Be. No complaints though - I have enjoyed my energies swirling in the mix, be it with my little dime (Humanling turned 10 this week), my interactions with Organic, or with the various energies beyond the Send button.



Content deep breath......a tree has fallen but I'm the only one who hears it get back up.

4 comments:

Patti Gibbons said...

I have some cool music. Deva Premal. I could make you a mix?
:)

Enjoy those little moments of observation. Yesterday I was home and wrote a poem (did NOT mean to rhyme that!) and I should post it to my blog. I put it on the art blog, as it was a piece of written art that sprang from my fingers in a moment of inspiration.

I so enjoy your writing.

xp

Unknown said...

sounds like a perfectly lovely morning... im looking forward to more of those when spring comes and school has a more reliable schedule!! :)

Genie Sea said...

Ah! The great unwind! When your thoughts are free to roam undistributed by cheerful chatter :)

Sounds like a peaceful morning with a little sugar plum fairy dance outside :)

Me said...

What? Wait now, Regis has to learn how to walk? Did he have a stroke?!