My cat kept assembling and re-assembling herself on top of me this morning at an early hour. Tail swooshing by the mouth (huge Eww factor), delicately but firming placing cool little paws on my face to get my attention. The animals in this house do not allow for late sleep.
The starling is such a sleek and gorgeous black bird, I am noticing as the morning sun hits him just right. The animal kingdom scatters such beautiful eyes in various species.
Ah peace, I hardly knew ye. As I write, M. HH (he can resort to being Monsieur Honey instead of Monsieur Hee Haw, aka Ass when things are different) is starting with me first thing. He is not very good at remaining silent for long. There is usually quite the long diatribe and monologue that occurs when he convinces himself that he has been slighted. And if that isn’t good enough, he’ll harass so much that a person will react, giving him new ammo to enjoy teeing off on. I’m not very good with having my space invaded…that includes the space in my head. When I need distance and a person insists on crowding it whenever and wherever they can, ignoring my pleas to just give me some time, the Pollyanna braids unwind and a cornered animal will bite eventually.
I had to leave with Miss Humanling and head out for a bit. We had breakfast at a small café. Humanling rather adores the restroom there. She has a thing for restrooms and likes to try them all out, reporting back to me the décor in one or the music played in another. We then hit up the library to use the computers since mine was home, SIGH, with M. HH. We did not use their bathroom this time. Then we were off to get coffee with a girl that I’d been meaning to have coffee with (or some sort of beverage) for nearly a year. Only M. HH got in the way because he felt I was up to no good. So we walked in town, had our iced coffee and eventually she walked me to a deli that I hadn’t yet tried. I ordered a nice mozzarella sandwich but didn’t realize they’d heat it. I have to say, now that I’ve had the not melted fresh mozzarella, I really am not interested much in the hot kind. It’s too chewy and sort of has this choking effect on me, like if I try to swallow it, it won’t quite go down nicely.
I was able to chose out a book for my father today, a nature book of some kind….ah, yes, here it is… Summer World by Bernd Heinrich. My dad seems to love nature. I really like giving him books that he likes. We aren’t very close but I do enjoy picking out books for him.
Just now searching for that link, I think of buying something from Amazon. Must Control Myself. I need to do this trip to Arizona in August and also must purchase a baby shower gift for my wee little Wolfie grandson.
Unfortunately I had to come home and he can’t bear silence so the barrage of my wrong doings were surrounding me in everything he could think to say. Finally when I answer, he runs out the door screaming, which means that the grand standing has occurred for our poor landlord who comes here on weekends to escape this sort of thing from NYC.
We are supposed to have family over tomorrow, yet he called my parents and my therapist and his friends and probably his mom and the landlord to make sure he gets his victim side in so that he can hit everyone up before me….which is silly because I did not call anyone. I came home to an email from my therapist to please let her know I’m ok, which is very nice of her. No, I’m not ok. I am going insane because I am being badgered and emotionally and verbally beat up by someone who doesn’t have a pause button. And it’s been going on for 4 days now. I don’t have patience for this.
So Humanling and I left the house to buy tomorrow’s menu for guests. Poor Humanling has been tired and unwell the past few days on top of it. Dragging her around is so unfair. But there is no peace to be had here. She cannot lie down and rest with him not letting things be.
So I’ve decided since he isn’t being a help for me for tomorrow, that I had to prepare a menu. He was going to do the cooking. As it stands now, I’ve had to throw something together. I am a longtime vegetarian and my family is not. So I have bought two already prepared and cooked on the spit chickens for legs and wings. Some of those round wraps in order to make quesadillas on with horseradish cheddar on one and sharp cheddar with sautéed shallots and pieces of white chicken meat on the other, devilled eggs, those delish refrigerated pickles, fresh strawberries from the garden, along with blueberries that I bought today, corn on the cob, and a few wonderful chocolate cakes, a cholesterol driving lemon cake and potato chips. I think I’ll do ok.
Tonight I must clean those guinea pig cages so the Pigphonic Symphony does not stink tomorrow for guests. M. HH decided to let the bathroom stink and go to hell for months (he has more home time than me since he isn’t currently employed so I think it is fair for him to deal with that). That one I will have to explain to the family. Sorry Fam.
Eventually poor Humanling needed to rest. I am rather worried about her. Perhaps all the fighting is really exhausting her.
Eventually M. HH left and I decided to see my Mr. Crows since I hadn’t visited with them yet today and firmly believe in animal habits. I can’t go a day without seeing them unless necessary. So when I go to Arizona, I will miss them. They were omni-present today, three of them showing up in one of their posts. I took photos and fed them. I also took more photos of the mockingbird flipping out on them for existing in the same neighborhood. As I stared and watched their behavior, M. HH showed up in his car with his dog and said things….I couldn’t really hear him, he mumbles to begin with and both of our voices are shot at this point. He mentioned that he saw one Mr. Crow take a peanut and fly away. That is nice that he told me. I do see that however because they usually swoop down right after I take a few steps away. I guess he doesn’t know the routine as well. He pulled up as I was watching Mr. Crow being dive-bombed by two mockingbirds. Mr. Crow followed for a bit around the block and I was fairly certain that I was never going to finish the page in the book that I was reading on this walk. For the walk I am reading A Pig In Provence. The library’s copy of As Always, Julia, might not withstand the juggling of the peanuts, camera and fact that I will use anything as a bookmark, including an abandoned arm, it were available.
But being interrupted by the soft swoop of Mr. Crow landing in a tree to say to me, “HEY! May I have some more of that treat that you have there just for me? “ is worth it. I think I detect behavior, and I’m not sure, that is leading others in his family to the food. For instance, he will show up, I will feed and immediately he will show up shortly when he couldn’t have finished what I already gave him. Then I will notice that he is allowing another member of his gang to have it and is coming to me for his own. Other times I have seen them beat each other up slightly for dibs. One of those Mr. Crows certainly feels pretty daring as far as proximity to me goes. He will come down to the ground fairly close to me. Eventually I will test him and see if I can get him to come even closer but for now, this is good. And they have given me opportunities for wonderful photos.
Well, now that I’ve enjoyed my dinner of fruits, cheese slices with oil, pepper and salt along with a nice piece of bread, I suppose I shall roll up my imaginary sleeves and do the Shit Shuffle on those cages.
Enjoy Mr. Crow, standing so handsomely with his beak open, about to eat his vittles.
No comments:
Post a Comment