Saturday, May 9, 2009

Playing Craps


So yeah that whole gotta eat better thing....I'll start later today. Or tomorrow. And put that on a loop. I've got to keep the end result in mind...a nice clean ultrasound with no evidence of said fibroid. The tech and I will be all "Say whaaa? There's nothing here!" I'll keep telling myself that as I PMS my way through my sensitivities, face flushing with the croissant I'm having for breakfast today. I couldn't be anymore beautiful unless I were part of a tribal nation where the warpaint is on for battle.


Humanling and I went to Borders and I was very good and didn't buy any junk to eat, mostly because she was sitting there and would call me out on it. I did get a coffee though, which had a shot of hazelnut in it. And by "shot" I mean most likely one fourth of it because it tasted severely off and did not satisfy the afternoon coffee craving. It's currently abandoned, in the cup holder in the car, waiting to be dumped out on the road (I'm parked on the road) so that someone's tire can track it down a few feet, Hazel style.


As I sat there with my coffee at Borders, I suddenly realized - Hey! What happened to the inspiration of the girl with the teapot the other day? She was nowhere in sight so instead I became comfortable with my skin having a revolt over more bad stuff.


Until I had a chance to shower, I felt like there was a dirty zoo all over me. Between yesterday and today its been nothing but cleaning piggie cages, litter boxes and the poor hermit crabs - they are done every so often - months and months go between. I finally gave them some nice purple sand today. They really perk up when the tank is done. We also gave both guinea's a bath in a used baby bathtub that we purchased today. One of them was so so about it and the other one caused a universal no no and pooped in the tub. Twice. The acoustics in the bathroom do not comfortably accompany a loud and long "Ewwwwwwwwww" by the duo of Humanling and I.
That's Azrael up there with Kyyo. Despite the ominous and maximum evil staredown in this photo, Az is really the best cat I've ever known. She hasn't promised not to eat my little boys but she doesn't mind posing with them.


El is taking the train in tonight so that we can celebrate Mama's Day tomorrow. Wow, this should be really nice. Last year after visiting me own mere, I was alone for the day with Humanling and we went to the park. It feels nice to do this with someone else now.


The weather is gorgeously gray and humid. I'm not huge on high humidity but my hair really soaks it in after a washing. I like this since usually it walks around pretending to be a starving mane, thin, limp and more straight. Straight outta the shower in this weather, its all precursor to Slash. Humanling's dad has the wavy hair too so I have to wonder when her hair is going to abandon the straight and narrow.


Time to enjoy hanging with the Ling. Happy Mother's Day to all of you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

and a very happy mother's day to you!!! thanks so much for following the angel blog@!!!!! i hope you find some inspiration to eat a bit better :).... xoxox,.... annie

Genie Sea said...

Happy Mother's Day Dawn! May your Humanling, EL and all the various creatures you adopted be fabulous to you! :)