That is my favoritist Scientist up there, Bruce Lipton. He wrote Biology of Belief and it Rocks!
Sometimes its really frightening how long I go without blogging...or reading other blogs. I feel like my dayjob should just understand that reading other blogs on company time is actually like a break! And then we all come back (well, our eyes do since we never really got our winterized butts out of the chair to begin with) refreshed to work.
The radio show has been going well and my friend Jennifer and I are simply driven about it. Sometimes you create a goal for yourself that requires real work. By 'work', I mean that you have to jazz yourself, take a deep breath and do that thing you "wanted" to do. But then is it really something that you wanted to do? Really really really wanted to do?
This show has not felt like that at all. It is truly something I want to do. Working on it is invigorating, exciting, enlightening for me. I am so insanely happy that I am communicating once a week with Jennifer and someone that we feel is incredible to be able to speak with and spread their knowledge amongst others.
This has been an incredible weekend in many ways. One of them being a goal that I had set for myself. I would joke with Jennifer about this one guest that I simply need to have on the show. The hardest part for me was even to approach this guest to ask for an hour. He is so huge in his area of expertise that I was terrified to even ask. I happened to be in a relaxed vibe late one night and then just went for it. I heard back the very next day that Bruce Lipton is indeed accepting the hour with us!!!! Bruce Lipton is like the Godfather of Epigentics. He is my Scientist Rock Star. Well, he and Gregg Braden.
On another note, it was a turn of events yet again in the relationship arena. A good one. I won't go into it yet....but it is good fortune and at some point it will make its way to the bloggersphere.
Our hissing cactus of a kitty has gotten very friendly now. She no longer spats at us when we feed, get close to or try to pet her. She is like Azrael the Demon, in that they both enjoy watching "M" the guinea pig. She doesn't bother him, just takes him in a bit, and thankfully not by mouth. She enjoys Azrael's various haunts around the house, which has pushed Az over the edge into somewhat of a part time bully. They'll be buds in a few months. It's a small apartment.
Humanling and I watched the Nick Kids Choice Awards last night. I hate that Dwayne Johnson isn't repulsive.
Hubby #1 called today and mentioned that he went out on a bad date with an ex who he dated before he even knew me. He said she talked junk about me and even about our daughter, saying that she's a beautiful girl but a mistake on his part to have had her. Now, realize that this is his version, which means it could have have happened all in his imagination. I told him that I was going to contact her right there on the spot to say a few words and he did not even try to stop me so I'm guessing that his imagination is quite vivid.
Now, I am a peaceful girl with no real want for this kind of drama. I don't care what is said about me. But if you pick on kids then I do wonder how that person is thinking. I simply emailed her saying that she doesn't know me personally and never has, so anything she has to say regarding me can be laughed off as tabloid material. But.....verbal negativity about our child from someone who wants to date my ex is going to be a no no. I did say that we are still close - which we are. He makes my eyes roll constantly since we have different ideas about how to live our lives. He doesn't see our daughter hardly ever but they do speak on the phone pretty consistently and that makes her happy. I mentioned to her that indirectly, whoever is with him, is going to need to be comfortable with us being a part of his life and that even my parents still consider him family (now THAT is true...even after any chaos I've gone through over him...but he's not abusive or a cheater...he's just more of a deadbeat sort of issue and can't seem to hold down a consistent job). I also said that if she ever married him, I would most likely be the best man at her wedding, so the insecurity can't do any good. I made sure not to sound in the least like the jealous ex wife, because I'm not kidding - that is not a part of it at all. I'm the first one to wish him to find an intelligent and wealthy wife.
She did write me back and said she didn't say that like he thought. Well, I replied, that's between she and him now and good luck.
I was rather surprised to see that he was not embellishing that she really wants to be with him. Her Facebook wall clearly states that he is her true love. I thought that was cute.
I certainly don't want to be harsh. I will be direct but I don't want to be negative. Humanling is as far from a mistake as the order of the universe. She was very much a planned child and very much wished for.
Well, there is something on the stove, and it bears repeating that Shades can't be on the blog and cook at the same time unless we like to eat things in the shade of black.
Oh wait - American Idol faves are currently Adam and Allison.
Hope everyone is enjoying the beginning of the Spring Equinox!!!
2 comments:
Yowza woman! I miss you on the blogosphere, but I am ecstatic things are going great for you!
Your radio show kicks butt btw! :) Congrats!
I admire your reserve. I hardly know you and your lovely Humanling but when I read that part, I wanted to drop kick the woman.
Best of luck with everything darling. :)
rock on for radio show amazingness!!!
like genie, I also admire your reserve and the way you handled the situation.
Post a Comment