I really need a focus outside of relationships. Then again, I was blessed with about five Libra placements, including my Venus, so maybe I'm in my element.
Humanling's bus was a bit late this morning on top of a delay. I have a superhuman for a boss so this isn't a problem. But it was slightly annoying. I realized that we were heating ourselves up in the car on an empty gas tank and that I'd have to make that joy trip right after the bus puffed the first clouds of exhaust my way.
Most of us probably have that gas door that won't open from the outside of the car. You have to flip up that little lever that's inside. I did that.
Nothing.
I panic for a moment. Late. Freezing. On E. Flip it again....
Nothing.
Shite man. I have to get to work, not to mention that this morning was one of the only mornings where I thought it was painful to be in the cold for a second longer than necessary.
I tapped into my inner MacGuyver. With a book of CDs, I propped up the lever and with my work badge, I picked the door open. Dilemma resolved. The world was in the flow again. Ok, ok. MY world was.
It was a rather packed work day. Many of us were moved last week and I'm loving my new digs. I'm still part of that hamster habitrail mentality but on another side of the room. Capricornius was moved as well...we're close enough to hear each other but our views are obscured....a good thing.
He emailed me to ask for a short walk today to talk. I didn't make the time because I was already in productive mode due to the late show up in the morning. I could see him getting more and more uneasy as the day went on. When this girl puts up a wall, its no Nerf deal.
Eventually about ten minutes before I was about to leave, he descends and squats down next to me. He said he needed to say something and that it can't wait. Reminder: Corporate environment. Cluster pods of workstations. Thankfully I am as remote as you can get in that situation.
Before I can get the ear piece out of my left ear, I am psychically sucker punched with the L bomb. Not Lillies. He just looks me in the eye and says he loves me. Pauses. "Completely." No pause. "With all my Heart."
I think I squirmed a little.
I used to be really demonstrative in every way. I think I lost that ability after the 2nd trip down divorce aisle at Walmart.
In fact, eons ago (I really need to use this word as a label for my posts since I abuse it so much), I wanted nothing more than to marry this Goat. But that's when the relationship was a bit more dysfunctional and he seemed to always have the upper hand. Whenever I pull away, he seems to crank the effort levels up to infinity %.
Meanwhile, Single Dad emailed me lines from Drake & Josh and I-Carly all day. And got them all right! This is truly the mark of someone that I can get along with. A Nickelodeon man. Someone who can talk about the Tao of Fairly Oddparents and what tv parents are hot on these shows. A man who can look at my Facebook account and call me on the fact that I'm "friends" with Jerry Trainor (Spencer, Carly's older brother from I-Carly). And no, not a "fan" of Jerry Trainor....Friends with Jerry Trainor. Yeah...maybe there were slightly stalkerish tendencies happening when I hit that button but it's not like I'm alone in Doing Shady Things on this planet.
Back to Capricorn....I've always felt that as long as he feels secure, the huge demonstations will end. If I let him out of Fighting Knight mode, he'll turn into King Henry during the middle stages of wivedom when he'd sorta been there, done that already. I wonder if being the middle wives is like being the middle child.
I am so pysched that American Idol is on tonight. Adam Lambert is so hot. So what if he looks like the baby that someday will be born by Joe Jonas and David Cook. No one can ruin this for me. Unless he is photographed in a tub full of mung bean strands. I don't care if he's *allegedly* gay. Aren't we all gay? Maybe that's why none of my relationships have worked out this far. They all had protrusive anatomy below the belt.
But I'm a sucker for protrusive anatomy. No pun intended. (Am I going to get a slew of love mail from the mens now?)
Well gotta go. The cat's staring at me. She's not normal.
3 comments:
i always hate it when the cat stares :).... sometimes im sure she's thinking MOUSE.
Cats and Goats and Nickelodeons! Oh my!
Whatever will you do MacGuyver? :)
I love it. Your stories.
grin. ms. p
ps word verification was
fatessni
I like that.
Post a Comment