Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I Haven't Seen a Turn Out Like This In 64 Years!

Double deck carouse Pictures, Images and Photos

This is going to start with me surrounding my wonderful mom with some protective white light. Yeeeeesssss I'm using her as entertainment, but we all know the rules there. We are the only ones allowed to make fun of our mom's. Anyone else gets cut off.

My mom is around four feet seven inches. The fact that I can legally drive at a towering 5 foot half an inch is a miracle. In elementary school the other kids loved how tiny she was. It made us all feel as though we were growing. Even now Humanling boasts how she's almost as tall as Grandma Carousel. Until I retort with "Even Azrael is taller than Grandma". [*Azrael = blacker than a NIN soul presence stuffed into a bored feline's body]. She runs a carousel and gets to wear a polo shirt with a little horsey on it.

All that is evil in me, definitely was channeled from other sources. My mother never passed it to me. Even if she has issues, they weren't passed to me. Just like the beets...never passed to me.

I figured I'd give her a call today, something I don't do enough but never seems to override my hatred of being ball and chained to a phone. We use a phone with a cord. We have a cordless....but I unplugged it and sentenced it to the closet to try and chip off a level of rampant EMF's around here. Having a child with epilepsy will make you think twice about what they put up to their heads. A cordless is on its way to being as bad as a cell phone. And Humanling inherited the gift of unlimited gab between her Grandma Carousel and her hillbilly father, Cavey.

I've not once, asked my mom if she was voting or who for. So today I asked. She said she's not registered. So I asked if she was registered at her last address.....TEN YEARS AGO.

My mom has never been a registered voter.

My mom has never voted.

And even though, after downloading the empowering PDF, filling in her information while on the phone with her and telling her to mail it off immediately, I know we won't vote the same. But I can't stand the thought that my mom has always had this right and hasn't used it once.

I just handed "the republican and that lady Susan?" a freebie.

My daughter, Miz Eye, on the other hand, will not be voting. She's 21...I thought she might be stoked to use the Force, searing her choice down like a blade on fire.

I believe she mentioned that they are both evil and something to the effect of not wasting her time.

A few things seem to skip a generation I've noticed. Both my mom and Miz Eye have a record of being happily in a long committed relationship, Their cups are not affected by coffee (my plate happens to be a snuff smaller than them but I figure it comes with the nearly vegan territory) and neither of them were going to vote this year.

To the McCain fans ~ don't get your hopes up on my mom's vote. She says she doesn't know how to work the levers - and I might not tell her.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

okay,,, thats disheartening... but at least your mother isn't voting for mccain... the way my mother is... sigh.

Me said...

And the way my "best" friend is. The bastard.

Patti Gibbons said...

but if this will give you hope, the streets around here are lined with Obama posters....and a few measley McCain ads. Even my neighbor across the street whom I was SURE was voting for McCain was caught talking to my husband (he would never talk to a WOMAN about politics) that it is time for a CHANGE. Keep the faith. xxx