Tuesday, December 11, 2012

I Would Do Anything For Love....But I Won't Do That....




In this glorious and giving holiday season, I realized that there is one list that I've never put together.  The list of things that I will probably not do for a loved one.  I know, you guys probably think about this all the time!  Consider me a late bloomer.

*Go on amusement park rides.  Nope.  I've been asked before and I gave in a couple of times only to scream my hatred for the other person during and after the ride. Also calling on the "I will Never do that again" speech.  

*Skydive.  I am simply not interested.  And scared that I'll pass out or have a heart attack before I can pull the chute cord.  Or crap myself and have it kill someone on the ground at high velocity speed.

*Eat brains or any other "delicacy".  I haven't eaten meat in 20 years so this kills any factory floor leftovers.

*Watch the Exorcist ever again.  I'm still not past it.  And hate that I wake up often around 3am and can clearly call up a scene that I've been trying to bury deep in the China of my soul since 1979.

*Accompany someone on a hunting trip.  (If confused, see vegetarian hobby above).

*Pilot a plane.  I have to face that I probably will be on another plane at some point in my life.  Amongst other reasons why not, my attention span sucks.   

*Willfully stand under one of those dripping pipes in the subway.  Shiver.  Although I saw it happen to my oldest daughter once.  I actually saw a psychological scar form before my eyes.  It was one of the funniest things that I ever saw.  

*Stick my tongue to a school flagpole.  Or anything in a school.  That's like kissing hundreds of germy children.

*Allow my face to stay directly in front of one of the animal's faces while I'm sleeping.  No other time will they sneeze than now.

*Ever again give up my holiday specials for one of the millions of sports out there....whether it be pro, college, hypothetical or claymation.

*"Enjoy" a heaping bowl of gorgonzola cheese

*Sit through Pink Floyd's "The Wall".

While I'm sure there are many other things I absolutely would not do, I think this will be a fine list to start.  




No comments: