Thursday, March 17, 2011

O'Blessings


A beautiful St. Patrick’s Day…the sun is shining and the weather is mild. The shiny, sleek crows made their rounds in the yard this morning.


I have been under the weather the past couple of days….a small flu it seems. Sweating keeping the mate awake at night with my Excorcist type of shaking due to chills.


But I am Irish, with one of them there O’ type names and so I’ve decided to get my caffeine fix with Irish tea, which is going down much easier than my usual beloved coffee. My beloved and I usually like to shower together. Today he ushered me in (he is tough loving my illness and trying to get me up and around more than I feel like doing so) and as we stood there washing, I remarked that I am surprised there wasn’t some giant oil slick of sweat on the bottom of the tub from my 2 days of perspiring as if it were a full time job.


I’ll tell you what IS a full time job though. Filling out one bracket for the March Madness basketball tournament. Now fill out nine more and you have put in time that you wish you were paid for. I’m newer at this sports thing…only finally “joining them” because when living with a sports freak, you are in denial if you think you are going to beat them. Especially my dude, who will play by play it for you and tell you all about it even when you don’t want to hear about it. But because I love my honey, I don’t like telling him to just shut up already….who knows what I might gain from the conversation. I’ve learned a few things by listening to things that I normally would shut out.


By the same token, sometimes I would just like some quiet and don’t always want to hear about anything that isn’t of my own interest.


But today, feverish or not, it is a day of blessings and I think I will enjoy what the day brings…no expectations except to be open and experience.

No comments: