
A well desired day off work! It is rainy and windy and yet 25 degrees higher than it should be this time of year for the New York/New England area. Perhaps a Halloween without millions of kids dressed as Burlington Coat Factory ads after all!
I rarely miss a day of taking pictures during the fall. Sometimes that involves throwing myself into situations where others just become so curious or concerned. When I happen upon a Must Have moment with the camera, the pull over rate of cars that see my car pulled over and me out of the car is rather high. And I have to say, there are some good people out there. All of them ask if I am ok.
Or are they asking if I am ok to have running around in society? Maybe THAT'S really it!
Today was one of those mornings. Humanling had a morning seizure, which guarantees her a mom-chauffeured life to school once she is up and feeling better. On the way back, I hopped out of my car....so many wonderful images to capture...with the ambience of morning darkness, rain clouds and autumn landscape! And...a car pulled over...
It is comforting to know that that in this area, for the most part, I won't have to panic if I do need outside assistance. But in the age of cell phones and individual privatization, we don't venture far out of our borders to extend ourselves or receive others in the form of many friends, nevermind getting to know new strangers. Unless of course, they have an avatar online.
My mate chuckles to himself frequently when I come home a few moments later than I said I would....Look at my new photos that I took on the way! Or... Come help me unload all this great wood I found on the way home! And I will gather any wood that I can lift, bugs scurrying all over it and all, in any shoes that happen to be gracing my attire that day. One of my former bosses passed me the other day, in platform shoes on a winding side road, carrying a huge log to my car.
"It WOULD be you." she simply said and laughed.
Today has been a mish mosh of nice things to do when home on a rainy day off.
~Enjoy an hours long round of Colonization (PC game) with the honey. Our 'cold' weather gaming habit. It isn't cold today but he loaded it regardless, and hoped to rope me in. He won.
~Have more cups of nice, hot and tasty coffee....just because we're here and that's reason enough to enjoy life's tastes and small moments
~watching the adorable tufted titmouse land on the feeder. Their eyes are just so button-like to me compared to other birds. They seem pretty comfortable around us if we are outside.
~A wonderful meal made of white beans, BBQ sauce, grapeseed oil and yes, topped with kettle cooked potato chips. Yes I did. It was good.
~Snuggles in between turns on our game. Drive by I love you's. And a hand on my back, rubbing it strongly enough to make me purr.
~Although the reason for it was a headache, a small siesta, in which I went deep into the well of sleep for a short while. Head feels much better!
~Waking up and knowing that the coffee was hot and simply waiting in the French Press downstairs. There it is, proudly adoring my space on the desk! Isn't it just so cute?! (No there's no photo for that but close your eyes and imagine it in the way that best suits you and makes your toes curl!)
~Some interesting research for my show today, Scorpion Equinox. I do loves me some good and progressive info! Honey might be my show mate today until my co-host shows up. If not, then I will have the fun and challenge of a solo show! Skill Testing time! (www.blogtalkradio.com/scorpion-equinox-)
~And for now...a moment of silence while mate walks his mom's dogs and I await his return in order for him to take the conch in our game. We never move each other's characters! Executive decision making in this case is an absolute no no!
Hope your present moment is exactly where you are most happy with it!
I rarely miss a day of taking pictures during the fall. Sometimes that involves throwing myself into situations where others just become so curious or concerned. When I happen upon a Must Have moment with the camera, the pull over rate of cars that see my car pulled over and me out of the car is rather high. And I have to say, there are some good people out there. All of them ask if I am ok.
Or are they asking if I am ok to have running around in society? Maybe THAT'S really it!
Today was one of those mornings. Humanling had a morning seizure, which guarantees her a mom-chauffeured life to school once she is up and feeling better. On the way back, I hopped out of my car....so many wonderful images to capture...with the ambience of morning darkness, rain clouds and autumn landscape! And...a car pulled over...
It is comforting to know that that in this area, for the most part, I won't have to panic if I do need outside assistance. But in the age of cell phones and individual privatization, we don't venture far out of our borders to extend ourselves or receive others in the form of many friends, nevermind getting to know new strangers. Unless of course, they have an avatar online.
My mate chuckles to himself frequently when I come home a few moments later than I said I would....Look at my new photos that I took on the way! Or... Come help me unload all this great wood I found on the way home! And I will gather any wood that I can lift, bugs scurrying all over it and all, in any shoes that happen to be gracing my attire that day. One of my former bosses passed me the other day, in platform shoes on a winding side road, carrying a huge log to my car.
"It WOULD be you." she simply said and laughed.
Today has been a mish mosh of nice things to do when home on a rainy day off.
~Enjoy an hours long round of Colonization (PC game) with the honey. Our 'cold' weather gaming habit. It isn't cold today but he loaded it regardless, and hoped to rope me in. He won.
~Have more cups of nice, hot and tasty coffee....just because we're here and that's reason enough to enjoy life's tastes and small moments
~watching the adorable tufted titmouse land on the feeder. Their eyes are just so button-like to me compared to other birds. They seem pretty comfortable around us if we are outside.
~A wonderful meal made of white beans, BBQ sauce, grapeseed oil and yes, topped with kettle cooked potato chips. Yes I did. It was good.
~Snuggles in between turns on our game. Drive by I love you's. And a hand on my back, rubbing it strongly enough to make me purr.
~Although the reason for it was a headache, a small siesta, in which I went deep into the well of sleep for a short while. Head feels much better!
~Waking up and knowing that the coffee was hot and simply waiting in the French Press downstairs. There it is, proudly adoring my space on the desk! Isn't it just so cute?! (No there's no photo for that but close your eyes and imagine it in the way that best suits you and makes your toes curl!)
~Some interesting research for my show today, Scorpion Equinox. I do loves me some good and progressive info! Honey might be my show mate today until my co-host shows up. If not, then I will have the fun and challenge of a solo show! Skill Testing time! (www.blogtalkradio.com/scorpion-equinox-)
~And for now...a moment of silence while mate walks his mom's dogs and I await his return in order for him to take the conch in our game. We never move each other's characters! Executive decision making in this case is an absolute no no!
Hope your present moment is exactly where you are most happy with it!
No comments:
Post a Comment